You'll join our regional Finance team, based out of Singapore and supporting both local and APAC teams.
One of the key strengths of the finance team is people from diverse backgrounds working together to deliver consistent results. This in turn enables Finance to be a strong business partner to the Regional/Global operations run out of the Singapore office.
The opportunity and the challenge
- Broad finance role covering a wide range of financial management and commercial aspects of the advertising business.
- Exposure to the end to end process from cross border billing arrangements, managing/mitigating foreign exchange and tax risks through to receivable management.
- Opportunity to work across a network of agency finance and other IPG financial controller teams.
- Opportunity to gain an understanding of each local agency’s business model, operating structure and clientele etc.
- Opportunity to lead projects within Agency that contribute to better processes and efficiency.
Key elements of the role
- Lead the timely completion of quarterly cross border billing computation of fees for the region, out of pockets (client billable expenses), incentives and ad hoc production.
- Analyze any withholding tax and VAT deductions that arise on cross border settlements - where appropriate building a case to recover the tax from clients
- Review monthly regional receivable reports and identify and support resolution of late/payment issues with client (regional and local Asia Pacific markets).
- Prepare working capital reports to analyze and manage AR/Debtor and WIP status across the region and report key issues from external (client) and internal (Lowe and IPG Treasury/Shared Services) stakeholder’s perspective.
- Review month end foreign exchange position to minimize FX losses.
- Analyse client profitability across the region, with special focus on Unilever.
- Manage revenue accounting end to end, from cradle to grave for a few of the brands.
- Engage the business leads for client on structuring efficient commercial deals to minimize transaction costs in the form of FX losses and irrecoverable indirect costs such as VAT/GST, withholding taxes etc.
- Manage working capital utilization efficiently and ensure positive cash flow at all times by requiring advance billing to customers.
- Manage WIP accounts at a project level-track and ensure the Business leads are appraised of any issues that need resolution.
- Review production and job related invoices and reconcile costs against pre-billing with TV & Creative Services departments within 3 months of last activity.
- Review the process of raising Project cost estimates to customers to prevent agency from being out of pocket on incidental expenses such as local transportation, cell phone costs etc.
- Follow up with business leads on additional projects to maximize actual revenue vs. projections and maintain a tracker to support the budgeting and forecasting process.
- Support Regional Finance or agency specific assignments or special projects as required from time to time
- Assist in development of new reports / scorecards, as required, to optimise efficiency and accuracy of business reporting.
- Provide regional support on IPG Internal and External Audits.
- Excel – advanced skills typical of a senior level financial analyst to ensure dynamic reporting in a fast paced numbers environment. Computation and data analytics/manipulation.
- Report writing & presentations – ability to distill financial information together with a rigorous understanding of which numbers are relevant and why; explaining the story that drives the variances.
- Finance systems – experience in extracting financial information in an Enterprise-wide finance system environment such as Hyperion, SAP, Longview etc. would be an advantage.
- Qualified accountant (ACA or ACCA) – ideally Big 4 trained
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance.
- 4-5 years of commercial experience. Prior experience in the advertising industry would be an advantage.